Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Uncontrollable Unexpected

Greetings! How are you? I'm gonna be quick this time.. I read a story (by Bill Crowder) , then I added (changed) several things based on my own experience and wanna share it to all of you, hope can be a blessing! :)

Life is full of surprises - some of which take life in unwelcome directions.

I still remember the shockwave that hit my family when my dad passed away suddenly. I was only a small kid and did not understand almost everything. I just stood there and heard my mom cried so hard from my uncle's cellphone. What happened was beyond our control and UNEXPECTED. My mom had to take over so many responsibilities that she had never imagined before. But, she still knew that she could trust God for her future.. my future.. our future..

As Christ followers, we must recognize that there are things in life that are the "UNCONTROLLABLE UNEXPECTED", as I call them. 

To help us in those moments, James 4 : 13-15 offers this wisdom =

' Listen now, you who speak like this 'Today or tomorrow we will go off to this city and spend a year there; we will do business and make money." You have no idea what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? No more than a mist which appears for a moment and then disappears. Instead of this, you SHOULD say, " IF THE LORD WILLS, we will live and do this or that". '

The people to whom James was writing were making plans while EXCLUDING God's prerogative to direct their lives.

How many of us still like that too sometimes? Make an agenda and without realizing it, forced God to do it just like what we've planned, based on our way and timing..

Is it wrong to plan for the future? Of course not. We all have plans I believe. It is UNWISE, however, to forget that God may allow some 'UNCONTROLLABLE UNEXPECTED' events AS HE SEES FIT.

ULTIMATELY, ALL THAT HAPPENS IS FOR THE BEST - EVEN WHEN IT'S HARD TO SEE.

- PERHAPS, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN IS, YOU ACTUALLY SEE THAT CERTAIN THINGS HAPPENED FOR YOUR BEST, BUT REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT SINCE IT DID NOT HAPPEN LIKE YOUR PLAN? 

- OR BECAUSE YOU FORCE SOME THINGS TOO MUCH THAT MAKE YOU BLIND ABOUT WHAT'S ACTUALLY THE BEST FOR YOU? IF THAT'S THE CASE, SORRY TO SAY, IT'S YOUR PROBLEM THEN.. 

* NEVER PUT THE BLAME ON GOD OR OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF.. THERE IS A TIME WHERE HUMAN ACTUALLY NEEDS TO LOOK TO HIM/HERSELF IN THE MIRROR,  THINKING ' AM I ACTUALLY THE ONE THAT CAUSE THE PROBLEMS IN MY OWN LIFE? ' YOU CAN CALL THIS AS SELF INTROSPECTION.

It's good if you want something, you pray and have faith in it.. I do those things too.. Yet, it will be so much better if we learn to always includes A SURRENDER HEART.. BY INCLUDING GOD'S OWN WILL IN our PRAYER.. "IF IT'S YOUR WILL LORD,............." Let's practice this together even more, shall we? :)

# I ALWAYS THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR ME. BUT I REALIZE IF I WANT THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN IN MY LIFE, I NEED TO SURRENDER MY PLAN TO HIM.. HE CAN CHANGE IT AS HE WISH.. I'M JUST GONNA DO THE BEST FROM WHAT I HAVE AND WHAT I CAN DO.. 

* I KNOW WHO HOLDS MY FUTURE.. IT HURTS MOST TIMES IF I DID NOT GET WHAT I WANT, SEVERAL PLANS GOT RUINED BECAUSE OF THOSE 'UNCONTROLLABLE UNEXPECTED".. STILL, IN THE END, I AM HAPPY, HAPPIER THAN WHAT I'VE IMAGINED IF THINGS HAPPENED ACCORDING TO MY PLAN.. I AM HAPPIER, BECOMING MORE GRATEFUL PERSON BECAUSE HIS PLAN IS THE ONE THAT HAPPENED IN MY LIFE..  HE IS ALWAYS ONE, HUNDREDS, THOUSAND STEPS FORWARDS THAN ME..

WITH GOD THINGS DON'T JUST HAPPEN - EVERYTHING BY HIM IS PLANNED - A.SMITH

- FRIENDS, WE MAY NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS, BUT WE CAN TRUST THE ONE WHO HOLDS THE FUTURE.

Regards, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment