Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Back to Uni-Life

Greetings everyone! It's almost 3 months lho since my last post.. Gap terlama yang pernah ada dalam menulis blog and it made me shock also.. Terkejut bahwa sudah lama sekali tidak menulis post baru meskipun saya cukup sering membuka dashboard dan menulis ide-ide untuk post berikutnya di draft,hehehhe..

How are you? How's life? Getting busier and busier nowadays? If your answer is yes, then it's the same with me here.. Let me just give you a short update of my uni life..

Before, I thought master class was not that busy.. I thought it would be like my previous uni.. But what happened was the opposite.. I was surprised that I would have presentation each week.. I need to do case study each week for my marketing class and the teacher will mark it, so I have to take this seriously (Ups!).. Each week, I have 3-4 assignments due.. In addition, I'm still working also..

Semua course yang saya ambil di master ini mulai pada sore-malam hari.. Jadi pagi harinya, terkadang saya bekerja hingga sore, lalu langsung lanjut pergi ke uni untuk masuk kelas..

  • Ada masa-masa di mana fisik dan mental ini sungguh capek sekali.. Contohnya, ada kelas selesai sampai jam 9 malam dan keesokan harinya harus bangun jam 6 pagi untuk bekerja.. Saya pernah stay di uni selama 12 jam untuk menghadiri grup meeting, lalu kelas tutorial, lalu kelas lecture sampai malam., Belum laginya banyaknya tugas report invidual, presentasi, dan case study di setiap minggunya.. Masih juga ada beberapa hal lain, di luar kehidupan sekolah dan pekerjaan yang masih harus saya urus..

Fiuh it was so tired guys.. Menggumam dalam hati wih ternyata master seperti ini ya.. Ini juga dikarenakan perbedaan kurikulum serta gap break yang cukup lama since I finished my bachelor degree..

But I thank God.. I thank God earnestly.. That even so many things happened, saya tidak pernah sampai benar-benar kewalahan with my this uni-life.. Everything's still under control and the good thing is at least, in those busy-busy days, I still can have fun and happy, yipiiiiie.. :)

One of my dream really came true.. 

I met a lot of new and funny friends at uni.. I had my backpack, eating in school canteen with my friends, study at such a big library, and the best part is I CAN WEAR CASUAL SHIRTS.. Hahhahahha.. Thanks God for all of these! :)

Now let the real post begin..
________________________________________________

As you know, the degree in my Master is Communication (Public Relations and Advertising). I'm actually more into PR instead of advertising.. But in order for you to understand PR, you need to learn about advertising world also..

Saya lupa menyebutkan di atas bahwa students yang mengambil master degree ini sangat berbeda dengan students-students yang kalian temukan di bachelor class.. Kebanyakan dari mereka mempunyai bachelor degree di bidang advertising or PR, bekerja di PR & advertising industry, memang memiliki bakat di bidang tersebut, bahkan ada lho movie director in my class..

Pada saat menyadari itu semua, I was like.. "Wuihhh semuanya pinter-pinter sekali.. Saingannya hebat-hebat semua,huhuhu.. Ada director pula.. Mereka juga mempunyai background dengan jurusan sama.. Pasti itu sangat membantu sekali.. Sedangkan saya, dari background hospitality,hahahhaha.. Mateng.. Hufff, moga2 tetap bisa catch up dengan semuanya ya Lord.." 

In class, the teacher, named James, told us that we would have presentation each week to present our idea and concept for the creative brief given.. And the worse part is we need to draw.. Tidak perlu berupa gambar yang 100% bagus atau sempurna, tapi paling tidak kamu harus membuat sketch or you can call it ads scamp here.. James also said he wouldn't mark us based on our drawing ability, but by our idea/concept and the way we present it which must related to the brief given and can make audience understand the message behind the ads. 

Saya tahu bahwa beliau tidak akan memberi kritik pada gambar, tapi dalam hati kecil ini : I know I will be so embarrassed jika gambar yang saya miliki untuk presentasi tidak bagus.. Just letting you know, I am not good at all in drawing.. If you close to me, you will know I only draw mountain, sun, house, tree, and duck.. I'm not joking, I am really sucks in drawing.. When I was in my 3rd year of junior high, my art teacher told me that my drawing was like a kid in primary school.. (T-T)

Ditambah lagi, I realize and absolutely know that I am not a creative person.. Compare to those other students yang memang sering berkecimpung di dunia advertising, I was nothing.. Tugas pertama ini sudah membuat saya deg-deg an..

3-4 days before due, saya mengumpulkan semua materi yang dibutuhkan, melihat beberapa iklan di internet sebagai contoh, try to think, think, and think.. Berpikir bagaimana kalau seperti ini, seperti itu, mencoba membayangka di kepala saya sketsa yang benar-benar sesuai dengan brief yang diberikan.. Ada 1 ide yang saya merasa bisa digunakan, but still, saya merasa 'masih ada yang kurang'.

Otak saya akhirnya buntu sudah dan memutuskan untuk beristirahat sejenak.. Pada saat saya memejamkan mata pun, saya tetap membayangkan sketch seperti apa yang harus saya gambar di kertas ini supaya orang-orang dapat mengerti maksud iklan tersebut.. Dan kalau bisa, saya tidak ingin menggambar sesuatu yang rumit since I'm not good at all in drawing.. I like something simple, clear, and to the point.. And I want to include those 3 in my ads so people can grab the message straight away when they see my ads.

Then I pray to God, saying : 'Help me Lord.. Help me.. I'm not good in these stuff, I know I'm not creative in arts.. Especially compare to those people in my class. Help me pass this one.. Give me wisdom.. Give me wisdom to have a concept that can deliver the ads message, so when people see it, they can draw into it straight away.. You said : Let your light so shine before men, so they may see your good workds and glorify your Father in Heaven. Then let Your light shine through me. Prove Your words to me.. Help me..'

I slept for around 2 hours.. You might find this odd.. But this is what happened..

  • Exactly when I started to open my eyes, the picture came.. It was blurry since my eyes was still heavy.. In my heart I said : 'What?'. Then again, after I realize it was a picture, I opened my eyes straight away then I could see the picture clearly in my head..

Saya bangun dengan seketika mencari kertas dan pensil untuk menggambarnya so I wouldn't forget it..

Di paragraf sebelumnya. I told you there was this 1 idea yang saya merasa bisa digunakan tapi masih ada yang kurang.. Sebelum tidur, saya mencoba menambahkan ini dan itu, tapi tetap saya merasa ada yang kurang..

  • And you know the picture that came to my head when I opened my eyes, was actually the same picture WITH some additional things that I couldn't even think of before.. In that drawing also, there was a headline.. Kalimat yang digunakan untuk judul iklan tersebut, merupakan 1 dari beberapa kalimat yang sudah saya siapkan sebelumnya sebelum tidur.. And the best part : the sketch was just so simple but I know people will understand it.. I just knew it..

After finishing the sketch, I put down my pencil, took the paper, looked at it and said (almost like screaming excitedly perhaps in my room with a big smile in my face) : 'It's PERFECT.. It is PERFECT.. This is the one.. Wohoooo!! Thanks Jesus!'. I submit it then practicing my presentation..

On the presentation day, I was quite nervous since it's been a long time for me to stand in front of many people.. When I wait for my turn, on my desk, I prayed. 'Be with me.. Be with me Lord.. I will present it well, I will'...

I only had 2 minutes to present my advertisement.. I only had 2 minutes to make people understand my ads..

It's my turn.. I came forward, my heart was beating fast, keep saying in my heart 'Be with me ya Lord', then I did my presentation..

When I said to the teacher 'That's it from me', I knew I did it pretty well, like how I practiced in my bedroom hours ago..

However, the class, even the teacher was quiet.. My heart was beating even faster.. My face slowly became red.. James looked at my presentation.. After few seconds, pointing at my ads, saying :

'Those words you used for headlines and sub-headline were so powerful, making it so effective for readers to understand your ads. Good job'. 

All the students there gave me applause.. If you were there, you would see I smile really wide and became so shy.. I said thank you and thank to the teacher for his words.. Walking back to my seat, I said this in my heart : 'That's for you Jesus.. Thank you. Finally it's done'.

My friend who sit beside me, poked me and said, 'Great ads, I like it'. Couldn't stop smiling, I replied her back, 'Thank you'. When I finished advertising class, I went out to buy food then came back to marketing class.. The desk in marketing class was quite big so 6 people can sit together there.. There was a person, from the same desk, came to me and said,' Hey I really like your ads in the previous class. It's good, I understand the ads message when I looked at it'. I replied : 'Oh yes I remember we were in the same class before. Thank you. What's ur name?.....'. Then we became friends,hehehhe..

For the 2nd assignments, etc, I did the same thing.. Whenever I felt stuck, I took time to rest for few hours and prayed the same prayer.. And the same thing happened, I opened my eyes, the picture came and my concept became perfect..

I was so happy when the teacher said this for my 2nd presentation : 'This might be a really good example for a simple advertisement that works really well.. Great works!'.

It did not mean he never criticizde me at all lho.. No, He gave me many advices also, in a really good way.. Saying,' It's good, but perhaps, don't you think it would be better if it's like this and that? Maybe if you put it this way, audience will understand it quicker,etc.. He's really nice that I didn't get offended at all..
_________________________________________________


(Play the video while reading ya)

Never thought in my life :

- I could do advertising
- I could reach even the average point in advertising

I always think, arts or everything which is related to drawing, is not my world.. I know myself really well in this..

However once again, He proved me wrong.. He knew me far better than myself.. He saw that potential that I never think of..

- I thought if I can reach what people say 'the average', it would be good enough already for person like me who doesn't have arts background compare to those people in my class.
- I thought if I can only get pass in this course, it was a good thing already for sure..

Berkali-kali, pikiran itu datang.. Di hati kecil ini, saya sebenarnya sama sekali tidak bisa menerima hal tersebut.. Honestly, I dislike 'only pass' score.. I really don't like it.. I don't want to become average.. I have a high expectation for myself..


  • But I ask myself : How can I expect to do it really well, if I don't have the skill?


I faced a big wall.. My mind was blocked..

I will be so ashamed if I fail this course because of my inability.. I couldn't accept it

Then I took a decision : I REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT.. IT CANNOT HAPPEN TO ME AND IT WILL NOT HAPPEN TO ME..

For me, in times like this, I always choose to put down my work for a moment and rest while praying..

I turn to Him..

Begging for assistance, saying so many encouragement words, and most importantly : I repeat His promises to me..

- And GOD IS ABLE to make all grace abound toward you, that you always having ALL SUFFICIENY IN ALL THINGS, may have an ABUDANCE FOR EVERY GOOD WORK : 2 Corinthians 9:8

- What is impossible for man is POSSIBLE WITH GOD : Luke 18:27

- But You said to me 'My Grace is sufficient for you, for MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS : 2 Corinthians 12:9A

- ASK AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU : Matthew 7:7A

- And I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU ASK IN MY NAME, SO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON : John 14:13

- Being CONFIDENT in this, THAT HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN ME,WILL CARRY IT ON TO COMPLETION...... : Philipians 1:6A

Long time ago, I have a friend that give the meaning of my name. A bible verses which I always use to close my prayer :


  • CINDY : REFLECTOR OF LIGHT ---> Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in Heaven (Matthew 5:16)


I told Him : 'This verse gonna come alive as long as I live. Your light will shine through me, so people can see the goodness in me, that they glorify You in the end. I certain that this verse will come to pass in my life.. Then help me, prove it to me. You said ASK and IT WILL BE GIVEN.. Then I ask this to happen to me'.

So many times, countless times perhaps, I sat on my bed saying those words to encourage myself..

Then what I did next just be still or sleep,hahahhahaha..  With a certainty, He WOULD NOT FAIL ME.. HE IS FAITHFUL..

Then here I am now, doing far more than average because of the wisdom He gave me.. Not bragging about myself, but boasting about THE LORD kindness and favor..
______________________

Perhaps, similar situation has happened to you..

Kalian ditempatkan pada 1 posisi dimana kalian tidak tahu harus berbuat apa.. Kalian harus mengerjakan hal yang baru.. Kalian ditempatkan pada lingkungan yang membuat kalian merasa tidak nyaman or worse, membuat kalian menjadi merasa kecil dibandingkan dengan orang-orang lain di sekitarmu.. 

It's hard, isn't it? Sometimes thought like " Should I just give up? Should I just stop here? Should I just being average?" or maybe regret thought like : "I should never start this". come to your mind..

I learnt that whatever situation you face right now, even if it's good, bad thought will always come..

Then if that's the case, it's actually YOUR DECISION to take those thoughts into account or not.

For me, I REFUSE TO DWELL IN THOSE NEGATIVE ACCUSATION..

Let me share with you what I believe in :

- I believe if God put me there, HE HAS A PURPOSE FOR ME

- I believe if I need to face difficult situation, HE IS THE ONE THAT GONNA LEAD ME TO A WAY OUT

- I believe if I am in uncomfortable condition right now, HE WILL GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO ENDURE IT

- I believe I AM BORN NOT TO BECOME AVERAGE, BUT EXTRAORDINARY

- I BELIEVE WHATEVER HAPPEN TO ME RIGHT NOW, YOU CAN SAY IT'S BAD OR WHATEVER, BUT WHAT I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IS : IN THE END IT ALWAYS FOR MY GOOD.. 

- EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE IS DESIGNED FOR ME, NOT TO ME.. I CHOOSE TO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE SIDE, INSTEAD OF NEGATIVE ONES. 

- I KNOW THERE IS SURELY A FUTURE HOPE FOR ME AND MY HOPE WILL NOT BE CUT OF.. MY HOPE COMES FROM THE LORD.. I HAVE SUCH CONFIDENCE FROM HIS WORDS AND UNTIL THIS TIME, WHAT I SEE IS : ALWAYS AND ALWAYS, HE BRINGS ME TO FLOURISHING FINISH.. BEYOND MY IMAGINATION.. (Proverbs 23:18 ; Psalm 62:5B)

People will do mistakes.. There is no perfect individual in this world..

But I'm glad, to know that the way my God works is like a GPS.. Even if you take a wrong turn, the route will change.. YET, it will still find another way, that LEAD you to your DESTINATION.. 


  • BE STILL MY FRIEND.. BE STILL AND SEE.. SEE THE SALVATION FROM THE LORD (Exodus 14:13A)


That's why I know, everything in my life will be just fine..

I just need to do my part, ask for help when I face a stumble block, then be still and LET HIM do HIS WORKS..

DO YOUR PART WITHOUT INTERFERE HIS PART..



LIFE IS FULL OF SURPRISES.. AND NOT EVERY SURPRISES CAN MAKE US HAPPY.. SOMETIMES, IT GAVE US A SHOCK.. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT..

  • What happen in this life can shift our focus to what should be our priority..

Tell me the answer of these questions :


- WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT IN LIFE THAN LIFE ITSELF?

- WHAT'S MORE ESSENTIAL TO LIVE THAN TO LIVE YOUR LIFE AT THIS VERY MOMENT?



If.. If it's to much for you now.. Hey, maybe it's time for you to STOP and look around.. People needs break time.. Even if it's just 5 minutes..



Never forget for being grateful.. Never..

Forever will be, until this time, whatever challenges come to me, how much tears I have poured out because of what life gave me, I CHOOSE TO BE GRATEFUL.. KNOWING IN THE END, EVERYTHING WILL JUST MAKE SENSE AND FOR MY GOOD..


  • I STOP AND LOOK, NOT JUST SEE.. I LOOK CLEARLY, HOW MY GOD IS WORKING BEHIND THE SCENE.. I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT I KNOW HE CAN AND HE IS ABLE TO TURN MY SITUATION AROUND IN HIS PERFECT TIMING..


He is good.. Always, it won't change.. My declaration will always be the same : HE IS GOOD..

So friends, I sincerely hope that this post will give you strength.. You are not alone, and never be alone.. Answer those questions and be happy..


  • AND WHEN GOD IS FOR YOU, WHO CAN STAND AGAINST YOU? BE STILL, STAY, AND WAIT.. YOU WILL SEE THE DELIVERANCE OF THE LORD..


  • ALWAYS HAVE FAITH TOWARD THAT 1 PERSON THAT HAS SAVED YOU, ONCE AND FOR ALL.. OUR SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST..


Kind regards,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment