Translate

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Mother : What Her Heart Knows..

Hello everyone!! How are you? It's been a month! Wow.. And the good news is IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!! IT IS TOTALLY THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!! :D

I'm so excited!! This is my very 1st Christmas here in Sydney.. Usually, I always spend my Christmas and New Year in Indonesia with my family.. So, I kinda miss them a lot here, hikss.. T-T

Do you what day is today?? Hayooooooo,hahahhaha.. It's A MOTHER DAY!! Don't forget to tell your mother ya guys.. I wanna say also here happy happiest MOTHER'S DAY to all mothers.. In Australia, we actually celebrate it in May lho,hohoohohoh..

I wanna do something special for my mom, therefore this post, I dedicate it to her.. Enjoy mommy!!

Okay, the beginning of this story is quite strange though.. I was thinking what should I wrote here while checking my email.. Suddenly, my eyes went to the top of my inbox, fixed on 1 email that has red flag mark beside it.. I remember on that day, the 1st time I received that email, I read it in flash and put that red mark as priorities since I like the contents.. It was written by my Senior Pastor in Hillsong, called Bobbie Houston.. When I read it again (slowly this time), my heart knew : 'This is the one.. The one that will fit her (my mom) in almost every way.. An explanation about HOW WONDERFUL A MOTHER IS"

__________________________________

A Mother: What Her Heart Knows…
Hi Girls,
Family is a GOD idea and within family, both parents play a critical role - and anyone with any sense of insight or wisdom would undoubtedly NOT disagree.
I am a mum and I love being a mum.  I have three adult children who have each married fabulous partners, who we regard as our own flesh and blood.  Our family is rapidly expanding - with four grandbaby girls and two grandsons on the way. Life is full; life is rich and sometimes the only words I can find to describe the blessing is "my cup runneth over.”
Having said that, life has also had its challenges and I would be lying to say that this joy hasn't come without some seasons of weeping.
I believe the "maternal heart" is a gift from God. Genesis clearly teaches that both men and women are created in the image of God and that for this world to fully know God and for it to see Him perfectly reflected, both men and women need to allow redemption to take its course. This planet needs parents who are growing in the grace and goodness of God, so that the generations stretching into the future don't deteriorate, but strengthen instead.
I love so many things about (redeemed) motherhood. It's a journey and it's a revelation but here's a handful of what I see within the feminine mother heart:
  • Her heart recognizes that she has indeed been ENTRUSTED to steward a young life and then grow that young life into the knowledge and purposes of God.
     
  • ​Her heart knows that she indeed carries them for only a SEASON, therefore every season matters and every season she has with them needs to deliver its lessons and strength.
  • ​Her hearts knows that she is in PARTNERSHIP with their natural father and their Heavenly Father. She knows that her example toward both will profoundly shape their lives and destiny path.
     
  • Her heart knows that TENDERNESS is the mark of a wise woman. Solomon in Proverbs 4 remarks, “…Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother."  Tenderness is not weakness. Tenderness issues from the nature and character of God and "little people" need tenderness.  Young plants are tendered. They are cared for, protected, watered and at times lovingly pruned. Psalm 144 speaks of young men who become like full-grown plants in their youth, and young women who become like pillars within a palace - a beautiful picture indeed of the fruitfulness within wisdom.
     
  • Her heart knows the power of COMMUNITY. An African proverb says that "It takes a village to raise a child.”  Parents who isolate themselves “rage against all wise judgment” (Proverbs 18:1).  Community is learned. Community teaches young hearts how to share, respect, value and contribute. Healthy society needs mothers who underhand the critical importance of "not neglecting to gather together” (Hebrews 10:25).
     
  • Her heart knows that the FEAR OF GOD is the beginning of WISDOM; therefore she positions herself and her family in and under His presence and Word. These truths will transform her across the length of her days and they'll transform her children across the length their days.
     
  • ​Her heart knows that one day her children will grow up and leave her, but if she has done her best by them, they will never actually LEAVE HER. Regardless of what may separate in the natural, her children's hearts will always lean toward her and always call her "blessed" (Proverbs 31).
     
  • She also knows that as a Godly woman, she has the CAPACITY TO RAISE sons and daughters who can be princes and leaders in the land. Psalm 45 promises that - young men and women who become valued leaders and influencers in the world for good!

    There is no end to the miracle of motherhood. The moment a child is born, a mother is born... and because we will all never cease to exist, the miracle of Godly motherhood can and will stretch far into eternity. Legacy will mark her love, devotion and investment, and legacy will tell her story somewhere in time and history.
So if you are a mum - pray for your children. Don't ever be too proud to apologise to your children. Believe the best and speak the best over them. Be their greatest fan. Be their cheerleader.  Encourage always. Forgive easily. Discipline and disciple them with grace. Notice what others fail to notice and listen to God's Spirit concerning them.  Always remember that they belong to Him. Ultimately raise them to love the Lord YOUR God, with all THEIR heart, soul and strength.
Be blessed and HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY from one mum to another.
Love,
Bobbie Houston

By reading this, I hope you realize how God gives such a big task for every mother in this world including your mother as well.. Try to remember when is your last time saying,'I love you,mom'. If you can't remember, using this special day, please remind her how you too, love her in every way.. Will you do it please? It will means a lot to her, believe me.. :)

- Personally, for this amazing WOMAN OF GOD, I wanna say :

With all my heart I love her.. I am so happy and grateful that God creates her as my mom.. So beautiful in every way, inside and outside.. Everything I did, I can be whoever, wherever, and whatever I am today, it's because God puts her beside me.. I always have this faith : that me and my brother will arise higher than what we are today, and the reason why is because God placed her in our life.. Her never ending support and trust mean the world to me.. Yes of course, even we're close, there's a time when we will argue and fight.. But until today, I thank God that we still can respect each other decision despite all those differences.. I thank God that whenever I look back to her, that she is always there.. She is ready to give all her words of encouragement to me.. The one that said "You can do it.. Don't give up". The one that texting me everyday before I sleep, "Mommy loves you and koko.. God bless you".  The one that can play both roles, as a mother and a father, when my dad passed away long time ago.. Everything that's within me, adore her.. 

I've said it many times and I'm gonna keep saying it : HOW FROM HER IMPERFECTION, SHE IS ABLE TO SHOW A MOTHER'S PERFECT AND ENDLESS LOVE.. HER LOVE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I WANNA BE BETTER AND BETTER EVERYDAY IN MY LIFE.. FOREVER WILL BE, SHE'S GONNA BE MY EVERYTHING.. 


Happy mother's day mamio.. Can't wait to see you and papio, also koko, opa and oma next month.. Miss you to the max (Huhuuhuhuh).. I love you always.. To the moon and back.. XOXO..
Regards, Cindy

This is just an addition : I like to do random things while we're apart.. One of them is this.. (Pardon me for my last sentence in the letter) Hahhahha.. Thanks for the Cookies and Crumb Surabaya for creating my mom's fave flavour.. Next post is coming soon ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment